As you know, Office 365 is an amazing offering by Microsoft and it has been growing leaps and bounds in the last year. Many small to large organizations around the world are taking advantage of this platform.
However, there is a problem...
As awesome as Office 365 is, I see a lot of users struggling with making sense of it all. Not just end users, but also administrators in charge of setting up Office 365 services as well!
Continue reading and I’ll tell you about how our company, VisualSP, is planning to target that problem. If you don’t want to read further, here’s quick shortcut to the answer.
Office 365 consists of many useful applications such as Mail, Tasks, SharePoint, Office Online, Planner, Yammer, OneDrive, Delve and so much more. They are all shifting and changing as time goes by and as Microsoft is adjusting to market demands and rolling out constant updates to it all. Things are starting to get complicated real fast as this offering is coming of age.
So what do end users and administrators currently do when they are looking for answers?
One of the following two things:
1) Search for answers online and sift through results on Microsoft sites, MVP articles, Forums and YouTube videos
Challenge with No. 1: There is too much information out there about certain things and it’s easy to get lost or get the wrong answers. On the flip side, there is not much information about other things and you feel equally lost.
2) Click on the ? button at the top right of the screen. I don’t see too many people having faith in this method anymore, but those that still do are presented with the following screen:
Challenge with No. 2: Most users don’t know what they should be looking for so this screen doesn’t help them much. Even when you search for information here, the returned results are hard to make sense of.
There’s a better way!
I’m very excited to announce that our company, VisualSP, is coming close to releasing a new product which meets these challenges head on!
Our new product, called VisualSP Training for Office 365, will focus on the following:
- End user and administrator training for the entire suite of Office 365
- Training delivered completely in-context to users without them having to navigate to another screen
- Training modules delivered in the form of:
- Short video tutorials
- Annotated screenshots for reference
- Quick help tip sheets
- Step-by-step walkthroughs
If you’re coming to the Microsoft Ignite conference in Atlanta later this month, please be sure to stop by our booth (#464). We would love to give you a demo and a hands on experience.
Here’s a sneak peak of what the tool looks like on top of OneDrive:
Want to learn more about it? And get your hands on it even before we release for production?
Let us know by registering below and adding your name to the list.