What to Expect at Ignite: Online Discussion from Tuesday, April 28, 2015
This morning we held an online discussion with SharePoint experts and seasoned veterans of Microsoft conferences: Jennifer Mason, Asif Rehmani & Jack Fruh.
We talked about "What to Expect at Microsoft Ignite" going on May 4-8 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
some of the things we talked about included:
- Navigating the Ignite website / helpful tips articles / how to view online / etc.
- Helpful tips: badge pick-up, shuttles, transportation, where things are at McCormick place, etc.
- Session highlights / how to find the sessions right for you, speakers to check out, community sessions in the lounge areas, etc.
- Networking events (a full listing of what's going on each night) and details about the Welcome Reception (Mon. May 4) and special Ignite Celebration (Thurs May 7).
- we showed a sneak-preview of the expo floor...highlighting different "focus areas" - so you know which direction to head to see the SharePoint / Yammer vendors (vs. Windows or Surface) etc.
Both Asif & Jack are Chicago residents, so they had a lot of helpful information to share about the City including: transportation tips, how to get around & what to "check-out" (restaurants, site-seeing, etc.)
In case you missed it...you can check out the presentation & slide show below!
ONLINE DISCUSSION - WHAT TO EXPECT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE
Some helpful links just recently published by ignite (and therefore not in the presentation) include:
- mobile app: https://myignite.microsoft.com/#/mobileapp/
- conference guide: now available in MyIgnite https://myignite.microsoft.com/#/home
In the conference guide you will find: maps, hotel shuttle schedules, info on wireless access, conference stores, details on events, and more!
- be sure to join in the conversation in yammer: https://www.yammer.com/microsoftignite/#/Threads/index
- follow social channels #MSIgnite or @MS_Ignite
We look forward to seeing you all at the show next week.
* Check out Asif's session (alongside Microsoft MVP, Jennifer Mason) - Weds. May 5th, 9-10:15 am: Proven Ways to Build Robust No-Code Solutions in SharePoint
* Please make sure to stop by the VisualSP booth (kiosk #13) in the SharePoint / Dynamics area of the Expo. We'd love to show you more about how we can help with sustainable SharePoint adoption in your organization (and we have some cool swag & a prize to give-away)
Hope to see you soon!